Uncultured Human Hepatocytes
|ax3750||Uncultured||5 million cells/||Liquid nitrogen||Liquid nitrogen||See below|
|ax3751||Uncultured Hepatocyte||250 mL||4°C for 1||-20°C for 6||Thaw at 4°C or|
|ax3752||Uncultured Hepatocyte||250 mL||4°C for 1||-20°C for 6||Thaw at 4°C or|
Lot-specific information such as donor information is stated in the Certificate of Analysis.
- Always count the number of viable cells after thawing
- Recommended culture vessel coating: Type I Collagen
- Recommended cell culture media: Axol Uncultured Hepatocyte Plating Medium & Axol Uncultured Hepatocyte Maintenance Medium
- Recommended seeding density: 200,000 viable cells/cm2
- Recommended centrifugation speed: 100 x g at 4°C for 10 min
Thawing & Plating:
Coat the culture vessels with Type I Collagen or use pre-coated culture vessels
- Thaw the cells quickly in a 37°C water bath until just prior to complete thawing.
- Wipe the outside of the vial with 70% ethanol.
- Gently resuspend the cells and transfer to a 15 mL sterile conical tube.
- Slowly add 10 mL of cold Plating Medium.
- Rinse the cryovial with 1 mL of cold Plating Medium to ensure all of the cells are transferred.
- Centrifuge the cells at 100 x g at 4°C for 10 min.
- Carefully remove the supernatant and resuspend in 1-2 mL of cold Plating Medium and perform a cell count.
- Dilute the cells into the required volume of pre-warmed Plating Medium.
- Seed cells into the culture vessel (coated with Type I Collagen) at the recommended seeding density.
- Once the cells have attached (after 6-24 h), replace the culture medium with pre-warmed Maintenance Medium.
- Proceed with experiment assays.
Primary hepatocytes cannot be passaged. Cells should be plated and used directly for endpoint assays.
Our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans.