Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells (Umbilical Cord Derived)
|Catalog No.||Product Name||Product quantity||Short-term Storage||Long-term Storage||Thawing Instructions|
|ax9003||MSCs (Umbilical Cord-Derived)||500,000 cells / vial||Liquid nitrogen||Liquid nitrogen||See below|
|ax9005||Medium for Umbilical Cord-||500 mL||4°C for 1 month||-20°C for 6 months||Thaw at 4°C or RT|
Lot-specific information such as donor details and passage number are stated in the Certificate of Analysis for each product.
- Recommended culture vessel coating: Not required
- Recommended cell culture medium: Axol MSC Expansion Medium for Umbilical Cord-
- Derived MSCs
- Recommended seeding density: 5,000-10,000 viable cells/cm2
- Recommended centrifugation speed: 200 x g for 5 min
Always count the number of viable cells after thawing
Thawing & Plating:
- Thaw the cells quickly in a 37°C water bath until just prior to complete thawing
- Wipe the outside of the vial with 70% ethanol
- Gently resuspend the cells and take an aliquot to perform a cell count.
- Slowly dilute the cells into the required volume of pre-warmed MSC Expansion Medium (must be at least 10 mL so that the concentration of DMSO is less than 1%).
- Rinse the cryovial with 1 mL of MSC Expansion Medium to ensure all of the cells are transferred.
- Seed cells into the culture vessel at the recommended seeding density
- Once the cells have attached (after 6-24 h), replace the culture medium with fresh pre-warmed MSC Expansion Medium
- Frequency of media changes: Every 2-3 days
- Passage when the culture reaches: 80% confluent
- Recommended passaging reagent: Trypsin-EDTA
- After adding passaging reagent, incubate the cells for 5 minutes at 37°C. 2bserve the cells at regular intervals for detachment from the culture vessel.
- 2nce the cells have detached, neutralize the trypsin with pre-warmed, 37°C SkeletaMuscle CelCulture Medium.
- Centrifuge the cells at 400 x g for 5 minutes.
- Remove the supernatant and resuspend the celpellet in 1-2 m of pre-warmed SkeletaMuscle CelCulture
- Medium freshly supplemented with 10 ng/mRecombinant Human FGF2.
- Perform a celcount to determine the number of viable cells.
- Dilute the cells into the required volume of pre-warmed SkeletaMuscle CelCulture Medium freshly supplemented with 10 ng/mRecombinant Human FGF2.
- Seed cells into the Collagen coated culture vesseat the recommended seeding density of 10,000 viable cells/cm2.
- Incubate the cells at 37°C, 5% CO2 in a humidified incubator
It is recommended that the Mesenchymal Stem Cells are used for endpoint assays prior to passage 6 for optimal performance in your experiments
Our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans.