Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells (PBMCs), Healthy Adult Donor
|Catalog No.||Product Name||Product quantity||Short-term Storage||Long-term Storage||Thawing Instructions|
|ax3418-15M||Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells||15 million cells / vial||Liquid nitrogen||Liquid nitrogen||See below|
|ax3455||Leukocyte Plating & Maintenance Medium||100 mL||4°C for 1 month||N/A||N/A|
Lot-specific information such as donor information is stated in the Certificate of Analysis.
- Recommended culture vessel coating: Not required
- Recommended culture medium: Axol Leukocyte Plating & Maintenance Medium
- Recommended seeding density: As required (~1 million cells / mL)
- Recommended centrifugation speed: 400 x g for 10 min
Always count the number of viable cells after thawing
Thawing & Plating:
- Thaw the cells quickly in a 37°C water bath until just prior to complete thawing.
- Wipe the outside of the vial with 70% ethanol.
- Gently resuspend the cells and transfer to a 15 mL sterile conical tube.
- Slowly add 10 mL of pre–warmed Leukocyte Plating & Maintenance Medium.
- Rinse the cryovial twice with 1 mL of medium to ensure all of the cells are transferred.
- Centrifuge the cells at 400 x g at room temperature for 10 min.
- Carefully remove the supernatant and resuspend in 2 mL of pre–warmed Leukocyte Plating & Maintenance Medium and perform a cell count.
- Dilute the cells into the required volume of pre–warmed Leukocyte Plating & Maintenance Medium.
- Seed cells into the culture vessel at the recommended seeding density.
- Proceed with experiment assays.
The PBMCs should be used directly for endpoint assays and should not be cultured long-term or passaged. The Leukocyte Plating & Maintenance Medium is designed to maintain PBMCs after thawing and minimize cell clumping. PBMCs will not proliferate without the addition of activating cytokines and growth factors (not supplied). Expansion of PBMCs may lead to a loss of cell types and dominance of certain PBMC subtypes such as T cells. The expanded cells may also exhibit dependency on the particular cytokines and growth factors used.
Our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans.